UPDATED COVID-19 WORK PLAN
A Message from our Director
May 28, 2020 – Columbia, Missouri – As we enter yet another phase of New Normal, Spectrum Health Care continues to reevaluate how our services are delivered and ensuring the safest environment for our patients, staff, and community.
While some restrictions have changed or been lifted by the State of Missouri or City of Columbia, there will be no change to the work plan for Spectrum Health Care and our patients. We are in the Healthcare business, meaning, it is imperative that we act in the best health interests of our community, patients and staff. We will continue to closely monitor changes as they occur and adjust our work plan accordingly. Please know that we understand how inconvenient some of these items may be, and be assured that we will be back to our old/new normal as soon as possible.
- All walk-in Clinic and Prevention services (Suite 100) continue to be canceled. Appointments are required to enter our building.
- All patients for the Clinic and Prevention services require a phone screening before an appointment will be set. Appointments are no longer limited to existing or rescheduled appointments. New patients are now being accepted. Call the clinic to setup your appointment: 573-514-7312
- All patients with a scheduled appointment for the Clinic or Prevention services will be required to wear a face covering while in the building. Limited supplies are available for patients while at our offices.
- Only patients are allowed in the building. Companions are asked to wait outside or in their cars. Exceptions: One parent or guardian with their minor child is allowed, but will also have to comply with safety measures in place. One support person is allowed if patient requires assistance for mobility, communication, etc.
- The administrative offices (Suite 250) continue to be closed to the public. Limited appointments available by calling: 573-875-8687
These policies are ever changing and we will update as the situation changes. As always, at Spectrum our concern is the same as yours – better health!
The most current recommendations and mandates by our Federal, State and Local officials may be found in the links below. Center for Disease Control · Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services · Columbia Boone County Public Health & Human Services
If you have the designated symptoms of fever and cough, call your doctor to confirm the best course of action. Only go to the ER if you have the symptoms that meet the COVID-19 criteria as outlined by the CDC.
- Wash your hands with frequency. Before and after visiting the restroom, and after touching anything potentially contaminated with the virus.
- Practice Social Distancing at all times. Social Distancing is keeping at least 6 feet between you and others at all times possible.
- Do not cough or sneeze into hands. Use a tissue, then discard into a trash receptacle – never put on a table or other area – immediately, and wash hands.
- Do not touch your face. If you have an itch, use a tissue then discard after use.
- If you have new symptoms (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, loss of taste or smell, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting) – STAY HOME and call your doctor!
#SocialDistancing #MaskUp2Meet #WashYourHands #WeAreHereForYou
Your Health in Full Spectrum
Every aspect of your health is important. That’s why at Spectrum Health Care, we strive to provide a variety of healthcare and non-healthcare related services to all individuals in a spirit of inclusivity and education.