Updated May 25, 2021
As we continue to vaccinate our community and country, we are finding this process taking time. But we are making progress! While we have not returned fully to “business as usual”, we are preparing for that transition we hope to take place soon! Our entire SHC team has received the vaccine and our clinic, along with all SHC properties, continues to keep safety protocols in place (see below). We are optimistic, but we are also being very cautious. Please do the same!
While our community and country are getting vaccinated, it is important to understand some very important points from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (April 28, 2021). We have highlighted a few, but please read the entire page for all of the information and data:
We are still learning how well vaccines prevent you from spreading the virus that causes COVID-19 to others, even if you do not have symptoms. Early data show that vaccines help keep people with no symptoms from spreading COVID-19.
We are also still learning how long COVID-19 vaccines protect people.
We are still learning how many people have to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before the population can be considered protected (population immunity).
We are still learning how effective the vaccines are against new variants of the virus that causes COVID-19.
City and County health orders issued on April 14, 2021 expired on May 12, 2021, 11:59pm. Please review the current City/County FAQs for guidance and recommendations. At this time there are no mandated restrictions in Columbia and Boone County. Individual businesses and organizations are free to impose guidelines at their discretion.
With the change in City and County guidelines, most our of our policies have not changed. We continue to err on the side of caution to ensure the safety of our staff, clients, and patients. While our building is now open to the public, we are still requesting appointments before visiting the office. This will ensure we continue to keep adequate spacing for those seeking services, visiting our offices, and so our waiting areas will not be overcrowded.
Please note: Spectrum continues to require that everyone wear a mask until verifiable documentation (your completed COVID-19 vaccination card) is provided that you have been fully vaccinated.
Policies for in-person visits to SHC Offices and Clinic:
- All visitors need to make an appointment to enter our offices and clinic (both Suites 100 and 250).
- All visits for Clinic and Prevention services (Suite 100) require an appointment. We anticipate some walk-in events being scheduled over the summer of 2021.
- All patients with a scheduled appointment for Clinic or Prevention services will be required to wear a face covering while in the building if they are unable to provide documentation of full vaccination. Mask use is encouraged even if you are vaccinated!
- The administrative and housing offices (Suite 250) continue to be closed to the public. Appointments available by calling: (573) 875-8687.
To minimize your risk of transmitting or contracting COVID-19:
- Wash your hands with frequency.
- Wear a face mask or covering at all times when in public, interacting with those outside of your household, and when interacting with those who are not socially-distanced.
- Practice Social Distancing at all times. Social Distancing is keeping at least 6 feet between you and others at all times possible.
- Do not cough or sneeze into hands. Use a tissue, then discard into a trash receptacle – never put on a table or other area – immediately, and wash hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your face. If you have an itch, use a tissue then discard after use.
- If you have new symptoms (fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, loss of taste or smell, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting) – STAY HOME and call your doctor!